At least 1.5 hours before massage, do not eat a heavy meal, on the other hand, do not go on massage with an empty stomach. Také for example a light salad, fruit, muesli. Before the massage take off glasses, watches, necklaces, rings, bracelets, tie up long hair. In your own interest give truthful information about your health.
Overall contraindications (when not to go for a massage)
- serious heart diseases
- at developed cancer
- diseases of the abdominal cavity, associated with inflammation, or bleeding during abdominal injuries
- danger bleeding conditions (haemophilia, leukemia), and also using the drugs acting against blood coagulation
- in febrile, acute infectious or inflammatory diseases
- in conditions following recent surgery
- during extreme physical exhaustion or gatherings
- at failuring of vital organs
- acute psychosis and conditions under the influence of alcohol, drugs and psychotropic substances
- immediately after a heavy meal
Ask a doctor
- Diabetes in particular the occurrence of complications
- Fluctuating pressure
Partial contraindications – local (only partial massage)
- On places with purulent or fungal infections
- in areas of inflamed joints
- on bleeding places, open wounds or larger bruises, contuses and fractures
- on places of animal or snake bites
- in areas of burns, scalds or chemical burns on the skin
- in places varicose veins (varicose veins), phlebitis or leg ulcers
- in areas of enlarged local lymph nodes, tumors, warts, birthmarks, or inflamed ulcer affections
- abdomen of pregnant women and puerperal women and women during painful menstruation
- belly at persistent constipation, diarrhea
In case of doubt about the suitability of of massage you should consult with your doctor in advance
What to do before the massage
If it is possible, take a shower with enough warm water – skin pores will open and better will take the active substances contained in massage oil or lotion. Do not use perfume.
- At least 1.5 hours before massage, do not eat a heavy meal, on the other hand, do not go on massage with an empty stomach. Take for example a light salad, fruit, muesli.
- Before the massage take off glasses, watches, necklaces, rings, bracelets, tie up long hair.
- In your own interest give truthful information about your health.
- If you want me to be more focused on a problematic or specific part of your body, tell me before massage.
- If any of my used touches, grasps or pressure will be unpleasant to you, do not hesitate to tell me that.
- If during the massage you will want to sleep, let yourself peacefully sleep. Sleeping is a state of deepest relaxation and regeneration, it is also proof of your confidence to me. Therefore, does not defend it, it is not a reason to break a massage.
After a massage
- At least 30 minutes after the massage, do not eat, conversely, increase fluid intake (do not drink alcoholic drinks and coffee) – is suitable unsweetened herbal or green tea, pure water or water with freshly squeezed lemon – that helps to detoxification, which is running after massage – this will help the body eliminate toxins via the kidneys, which the blood takes from the whole organism.
- Shower after a massage is useful after several hours because of a long-term effect of massage oils. If it’s necessary, then I suggest use only water without soap or shower gel.
Avoid sports and heavy physical strain, exercises, workouts after massage